What better day to share this book tag? Brought to you by Samta Claus.
1) Christmas Eve morning: What is a book you wake up excited to read? One you anticipate reading or one you read in the past that you want to get back into?
I’m looking forward to rereading the Parasol Protectorate series in 2017.
2) Christmas Eve breakfast: what are your favorite treats during the holiday season?
Homemade cookies and homemade mac n cheese
3) Family Time: What is a book that fills you with happiness and love? The warm fuzzies in general?
Pride and Prejudice. We don’t always learn our lesson or get a second chance but this story just works so beautifully.
4) Christmas Carols: What are your favorite Christmas Carols or holiday songs?
Carol of the Bells, particularly Deana Carter’s version. Otherwise, I pride myself on finding unique Christmas songs you don’t hear much. Right now it’s the Christmas Queens album.
5) Anticipation: What is a book release you are very much anticipating?
Caraval. I don’t know why but I’ve started getting into the creepy carnival vibe lately. Also Because You Love to Hate Me, the anthology of YA authors and BookTubers.
6) You hear sleigh bells on the roof and are so excited you can’t sleep!: What is a book that kept you up all night?
The Rook by Daniel O’Malley. I was completely addicted to that book.
7) It’s Christmas morning, and Santa has come!: What is a book on your wishlist that you hope to unwrap?
The Secret Language of Dogs by Victoria Stilwell. I’m hoping to transition out of my dead-end and thankless office job into working with dogs. I’ll be taking a respectable pay cut to do it but I need to make a change.