Courtesy of ABookUtopia.
1) Favorite Horror Book
In the Dark edited by Rachel Deering. It’s a comic horror anthology I absolutely adore. The stories and art are varied and creepy. It has a 1 on it’s spine so I hope there are more to come.
2) Scariest Moment in a Book You’ve Read
The first thing that comes to mind is Locke and Key by Joe Hill. I’m listening to it on audiobook and it’s basically an audioplay with a full cast, spooky music, and sound effects. There’s a scene toward the end of the first book where the family is separated and dealing with a captor to try and spare their lives.
3) Have you dressed up as a book character for Halloween? Which one?
When I was elementary school, I was a Riverdale High cheerleader. Other bookish costumes were Belle when I was a kid and a victim of higher education as an adult.
4) What do you think your favorite fictional character would dress up as?
I love Thursday Next and I see her dressing up as a character from Jane Austen or Shakespeare.
5) What is your favorite type of horror (spooky, slasher/gory, thriller)?
Spooky and thriller. I like psychological suspense and creatures that bump in the night.
6) If books were as cheap as candy, which books would you give to trick or treaters?
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. I love it just as much as an adult as I did as a kid.
7) Halloween TBR
What currently remains
- October Dreams edited by Richard Chizmar
- Survive the Night by Danielle Vega
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- Slasher Girls and Monster Boys edited by April Tucholke
- Autumn Cthulhu edited by Laird Barron
8) Recommend some Halloween Reads
I devoted an entire TBR to it which you can find here.