Courtesy of Jen and Mercy
1) Is there any books you plan on reading over the autumn season?
Penpal by Dathan Auerbach
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Vol 1
Bird Box by Josh Malerman
October Dreams edited by Richard Chizmar
Hard Choices by Hillary Clinton
Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
The Dark Verse by Sharkchild
Full Service by Scotty Bowers
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
2) September brings back memories of school: what book did you most enjoy studying? And what was your favorite and least favorite subjects?
I always enjoyed literature, psychology, and sociology. The impact of popular culture and how it shapes our cultural norms. I think Macbeth and The Ugly American were some of my favorite books that I’ve studied in school.
3) October means Halloween: do you enjoy scary books and films? If so what are some of your favorites?
I love spooky, Halloween things. I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to scary movies but I have a few that will always put me in a Halloween mood: Nightmare before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, Urban Legend, Trick r’ Treat, Identity
I do a Halloween Reads every year but a quick shortlist include The Graveyard Book by Gaiman, Halloween edited by Guran, October Dreams by Chizmar, The Halloween Tree by Bradbury, The Gates by John Connolly, Autumn Cthulhu by Barron,
4) For November it’s time for bonfire night and firework displays. What’s the most exciting book you’ve read that’s really kept you gripped?
I’m not that big on mysteries and thrillers. I enjoy the ‘in Death’ series by J. D. Robb and want to pick the Harry Dresden series back up at some point.
5)What book is your favorite cozy comfort read?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
6) Curled up with a good book, what’s your hot drink of choice?
Hot chocolate/cocoa with milk, not water. My mom once gave me grief because I didn’t want her to make me a reduced fat hot chocolate with water. I know it’s only like 25 calories with water but it tastes like 25 calories so I’ll have milk thanks.
7) Any plans you’re looking forward to over next few months?
Reading creepy books, my friend’s wedding, and attending RenFest.