I got a duplicate book for my birthday but my friend was smart enough to get a gift receipt. Since I left Sunday unscheduled, Boyfriend and I went to this delightful independent bookstore. He left me unsupervised. Considering all the books I looked at and thought about, only adding 2 wasn’t that bad.
Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution by Mona Eltahawy
I can’t get this at my local library (I checked) and it was right there.
The Feminist Utopia Project edited by Alexandra Blonsky & Rachel Kauder Nalebuff
An anthology of text and art about women’s different ideas of what a more feminist world would look like.
If you’re wondering, I did get another book which is why these 2 count.This brings my collection for the year to:
- Illustrated Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling
- This Is Why You’re Single by Laura Lane & Angela Spera
- Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken & Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
- The Green Man by Ellen Datlow
- Sisters of the Revolution edited by Ann VanderMeer
- Sharkpunk edited by Jonathan Green
- The Feminist Utopia Project edited by Alexandra Blonsky & Rachel Kauder Nalebuff
- Headscarves and Hymens by Mona Eltahawy